Volunteer Code of Conduct
I agree that I have read and understand the Code of Conduct of Chatham Kent Animal Rescue and agree to comply with it. I confirm that the list below is accurate, acceptable and compliable code of conduct.
1. Refrain from words, actions and behaviour – in any medium that demonstrate disrespect for other Members, volunteers, foster and or adoptive families, or the family members of such individuals.
2. Uphold Chatham Kent Animal Rescue’s reputation and integrity by ensuring that their conduct, whether in person, online, or otherwise, brings honour and dignity to Chatham Kent Animal Rescue.
3. Be vigilant in ensuring an environment that is safe and protects our rescued animals and all members, volunteers, adoptive and foster families from emotional, physical, verbal and sexual abuse.
4. Respect other Members’, volunteers’, fosters and adoptive families’ rights to privacy and the confidentiality of their personal information.
5. Act with honesty and integrity when dealing with property, monies and any other assets belonging to Chatham Kent Animal Rescue.
6. Respect and abide by the rules of our sponsored events and respect the event attendees where applicable.
7. Treat all members, volunteers, foster and adoptive families or the family members of such individuals fairly, knowing that Chatham Kent Animal Rescue does not tolerate unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, colour, religion, sex, age, mental or physical ability, political beliefs, socio-economic status, health-related status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other grounds enumerated in the human rights legislation of the jurisdiction in which the individuals involved are located.
However, any material failure to comply with these standards will be sufficient grounds for disciplinary action up to and including termination of the individual from their volunteer position and possible legal action.