Our Foster Application Process
Our foster families are the backbone of our rescue and without them, we just would not be able to save these rescue animals. As an animal foster parent, you are a critical stepping stone on a rescue animal’s journey to a loving permanent home. The pay is terrible, but the rewards are life-changing.
Foster Application Steps
The following is what you may expect in the process of becoming an animal foster parent with our rescue:
- Complete the online application answering all questions honestly and providing as much detail as possible then submit.
- The application is received by our Foster Team – you will receive a phone call from one of our volunteers to start with a few questions
- The application is then forwarded to a volunteer who will call your references. This part of the process can be completed more smoothly if you notify the people you have listed that they should expect a call from us.
- Once the references have been checked the application is handed off to a home visit volunteer in your area. A home visit will be scheduled with you and all persons residing in the home, resident pets must be in attendance. More detailed information will be gathered that will help us to determine which rescue animals would be best suited to your home i.e. good with cats, children
- The home visit report is then reviewed and you will be notified if your application has been approved.
If you have questions at any point in the process please email our Foster Team – email@example.com
All new animal foster parents are sent a Foster Handbook by Email. Your email will be added to our Foster Email contact list and we have a private group page for Volunteers and Foster families to communicate if you wish.